Welcome to Wallaby!
If you join Wallaby, you'll be joining a high trust, remote-first team. We now have 10,000+ companies all over the world (including many Fortune 500 companies) that use Wallaby to increase their productivity and output, and 550,000+ individual users and companies that use Quokka.
We've built a team of talented software engineers who are passionate about creating software development tools. Wallaby's leadership team share a common background in having worked for organizations that create software development tools and use their knowledge to grow the Wallaby engineering team.
Wallaby is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We review applications for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, or age.
Wallaby started with a single product, Wallaby.js for JetBrains IDEs. Since then, our team and the products we offer has grown, a lot. Wallaby now has two major lines, Wallaby.js and Quokka.js with offerings across 4 separate editors (VS Code, JetBrains editors, Visual Studio, and Sublime Text), a combined total of 9 separate products that we actively develop and maintain. Our team consists of numerous software engineers and testers who all share a common goal of creating world-class software development tools.
Wallaby has been self-funded and cash-flow positive since 2015 (our first year). Since then, Wallaby's earnings have been (and continue to be) reinvested to further our growth. As Wallaby does not have external investors, we have full control to set and execute on our vision to continue to create awesome developer tools for other software developers.
At Wallaby, we believe that we should only create and sell products that we ourselves use on a daily basis. This allows us to truly understand our customers and feel the same pains that they do so that we can invent and innovate on their behalf.
We value our customers above everything else; without them, we would not exist. We aim to create a fantastic customer experience all the way from discovering our products, purchasing them, installing them, and through to support. We truly value and welcome customer feedback, it helps drive where we go next.
Come join the Wallaby team as our Developer Advocate. The mission of our Developer Advocate is to improve adoption and growth through evangelism, community engagement, relationship marketing and a vibrant ecosystem.
As our Developer Advocate, you will be Wallaby's representative to the developer community helping to win the hearts and minds regarding Wallaby's products. The Developer Advocate is a technical role with the mission of engaging with a broad range of developers and driving excitement around developer related technologies.
As our Developer Advocate, you must be able to talk about technology intelligently and enthusiastically to developers, development managers and senior management. Passion, curiosity, technical depth, and exceptional communication and presentation skills are required.
- Creation of both marketing and technical content (i.e. videos, blog posts, online documentation, etc.)
- Engage with and build relationship with developers
- Grow Wallaby's online Community and Social Media presence
- Deliver articulate, effective, and audience-appropriate presentations and demonstrations with technically oriented content at various events to both small and large audiences
- Participate in the online and offline developer community
- Convey a compelling and convincing case for Wallaby's products and technologies
- Develop and deliver programs and strategies to boost developer adoption of Wallaby products
- Drive new initiatives targeted at the developer community
- Maintain knowledge about all Wallaby products and be able to speak to future releases
- Unabated passion for technology and Wallaby products with a keen eye for new opportunities
- Strong understanding of security, reliability, scalability, and platform management topics
- Flexibility regarding work schedule and travel
- Good marketing skills and business logic is a strong advantage, previous developer advocate experience preferred
- Unparalleled communication and negotiation skills
- Passion for technology and solid knowledge of enterprise global IT requirements and competitive offerings
- Solid understanding of the competitive products and how Wallaby differs from its competitors
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you. Please email us to let us know of your interest.
Don't see a role you're interested in?
If you share our core values but none of the roles above seem quite right, but you think you can bring something unique that might help, we'd love to hear from you. Just email us.