This policy was last updated on 12th February 2020.
Wallaby respects your privacy. All information you give us is treated with the utmost care and security.
Our use of personal data is in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2016 (GDPR).
We collect common types of personal information, such as: name, company, postal address, email address, and phone number.
We use this information:
- To provide, operate, maintain and improve our website, products and services
- To process and complete transactions and orders, and send you related information
- To meet our legal and compliance responsibilities
- To send transactional messages, such as responding to your comments or feedback, providing customer service and support, and sending you technical notices such as alerts or status updates
- To monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities for marketing or advertising purposes
- For other purposes, for which we will obtain your consent
- For compiling aggregate analytics about how you use features of our products, in order to improve them
- For customizing the service we provide to you
- To administrate or otherwise carry out our obligations in relation to any agreement you have with us
- To send our newsletter, where this is requested by you
- To track your engagement with us, including through our website, articles and newsletters
- To create trial licenses
- To understand how you use our products and services
- To improve our products and services
- To process your application if you apply for a job with us
Information we collect and receive
Information that you give to us directly
Our Websites may ask for information about you and the company you work for. This may be collected as you register for an account, request a quote, purchase licenses, register for product trials, or otherwise use or interact with our website. Examples of the information we collect includes:
- Contact information, such as your name, email, mailing address and phone number
- Billing information, such as credit card details and billing addresses
- Preferences, such as notification and email marketing preferences
This information is provided by you when you enter it into our website or use one of our products, and so you naturally consent to us collecting it for these purposes.
When you use our products, the information that we collect is limited to:
- Contact information you provide when registering for a product trial
- Anonymous statistics on how you use our products (such as testing framework name and product version)
- The date, time, and ip address used to activate product license keys
We also collect content that you create, input, send, submit or upload when using our websites and support services. Examples of content you might provide includes comments on discussion forums, support requests and emails that you send us, or data that you enter in the the course of using the functionality in our Websites. This content includes any personal information, or sensitive information, that you choose to include.
Information that we collect indirectly
We also gather information about you indirectly, through observing how you use our websites or Cloud products. This includes:
- Web server logs, which capture information including your IP address, browser and operating system version, and URLs requested. This information is typically not personally identifying, though it may incidentally capture personally identifiable information if that information is included as part of the request (for example, in a URL query string).
- Analytics data which is captured either by us, or by third parties analytics partners.
This information is used to improve our website and products. As at the time this policy was last updated, we use the following third party analytics partners:
Cookies & tracking technologies
Your web browser allows you to control whether cookies can be stored by our websites. However, disabling cookies will prevent certain parts of our websites from working correctly. Your web browser's documentation has more information on controlling cookie behavior. If you want to revoke your consent to us tracking your activity, you can do so by clearing your cookies.
How we disclose data
We do not sell or rent your personal information to marketers or unaffiliated third parties. We may share your personal information with trusted third parties, including:
- Third parties: We may share your personal information with third parties in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock.
- Service providers: We may share your personal information with service providers who help us provide our services. Service providers help us with things like payment processing (i.e., banks, credit bureaus, payment method providers), website hosting, data analysis, information technology and related infrastructure, customer service, email delivery, and auditing.
- Safety, legal, and law enforcement: We use and disclose personal information as we believe necessary: (i) under applicable law, or payment method rules; (ii) to enforce our terms and conditions; (iii) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (iv) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence.
- To the public: for content that you have explicitly given us permission to publish, such as on a public forum, or as a testimonial. We may also use your company name in order to promote our products.
Choice and access
You have choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information.
- You can opt-out of receiving promotional emails from us by clicking the 'unsubscribe' link on any promotional email we send you.
- If you have provided a testimonial or we have used your company as an example of a customer using our products, you can require that we stop doing so.
- You can request to see what personal information we have about you, and ask us to delete it. We may not always be able to delete information we have: for example, it may be needed for legal or compliance reasons.
Use of services by minors
Our services are not directed to individuals under the age of 13, and we request that they not provide personal information through our websites, products or services.